(1) The following statement contains information about the collection of personal data when our website is used. Personal data are all data which concern you personally, such as your name, address, email addresses, and user behavior.
(2) The controller in accordance with Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Carl Zeiss GOM Metrology GmbH, Schmitzstr. 2, 38122 Braunschweig, Germany, email@example.com (see “Imprint”). You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2B Advice GmbH, Joseph Schumpeter Allee 25, 53227 Bonn, Germany.
(3) If you contact us by email or using a contact form, we will store the data you provide (your email address and if applicable your name and telephone number) in order to respond to your inquiry. We will erase the data provided in this connection when their storage is no longer necessary or, if any statutory retention requirements apply, restrict their processing.
(4) If we use external service providers to provide individual functions on our website or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we provide detailed information about the relevant operations below. We also state the applicable criteria relating to the duration of storage.
(1) You have the right to request the following from us in relation to personal data concerning you:
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us.
(1) If you use the website purely for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or provide us with any other information, we collect only the personal data that your browser sends to our servers. When you view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical reasons in order to display our website to you and ensure stability and security (the lawful basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR):
(2) As well as collecting the aforementioned data, we also place cookies on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are placed on your hard drive and linked to your browser which pass on certain information to the entity setting the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or introduce viruses to your computer. They are used to make our website as a whole more user-friendly and efficient.
b) Transient cookies are erased automatically when you close your browser. In particular they include session cookies. These contain a “session ID”, which allocates various requests from your browser to a common session. This means that your computer will be recognized if you return to our website. Session cookies are erased when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are erased automatically after a specified period, which may vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies via the security settings in your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser as desired, e.g. you can set it to reject third-party cookies or to reject all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all of this website’s functions if you do so.
f) We use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the necessary data regardless of the browser you use and have no automatic expiration date. To disable processing of Flash cookies, you will need to install an add-on such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash cookie killer for Google Chrome. You can disable the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to private mode. We also recommend that you delete your cookies and browser history manually on a regular basis.
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to permit analysis of how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will normally be transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the United States. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, Google will truncate your IP address in a member state of the European Union or signatory state to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before transmitting it. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to analyze your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide other services connected with web use to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted to Google Analytics by your browser will not be combined with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can configure your browser software to reject cookies, but you are advised that you may not be able to make full use of all of the functions of this website if you do so. You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including you IP address) from being sent to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser add-on available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “anonymizeIp()” feature. This truncates IP addresses before they are processed, meaning that they cannot be associated with a specific individual. If this data collected concerning you contains any identifying information, identification is immediately ruled out and the personal data is deleted without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve use of our website. We use the statistics obtained to improve our website and make it more relevant for you. For those exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The lawful basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
(6) Details of third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Terms of Service: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html,
privacy overview: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245,
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for the cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which it does using a user ID. You can disable cross-device analysis of your activity under “My data", “personal data” in your customer account.
(2) We have no influence over the data collected and the processing operations performed, nor do we have knowledge of the full scope of the data collection, the purposes of the processing, or storage periods. We also have no information regarding erasure of data collected by plugin providers.
(3) The plugin provider stores the information it collects about you as a user profile, which it uses for advertising and market research purposes and/or to tailor its website to the needs of users. In particular, this analysis is carried out (even for users who are not logged in) to serve relevant advertising and in order to inform other social network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to opt out of the creation of these user profiles, but to exercise this right you must refer to the plugin provider. We provide the plugins to enable you to interact with the social networks and other users so that we can improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user. The lawful basis for the use of plugins is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
(4) The data will be passed on regardless of whether or not you have an account with the plugin provider and are logged into that account. If you are logged in to an account with the plugin provider, the data collected on our website will be directly linked with that account. If once the button is activated you click on it and e.g. link to the page, the plugin provider will also store this information in your user account and inform your contacts publicly. We recommend that you log out regularly after using social networks, especially before activating a button, as this will prevent your actions being linked to your profile with the plugin provider.
(5) For further information regarding the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by the plugin provider, please see the privacy statements of those providers as specified below. Here you will also find further information about your rights in this regard and settings you can use to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the plugin providers and URLs of their privacy policies:
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos into our website. They are stored at www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. All of these videos are embedded in “extended privacy mode”, which means that no data concerning you as a user are transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data specified in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube is notified that you have accessed the relevant page on our website. The data specified in section 3 of this statement is also sent. This happens regardless of whether or not you have a YouTube account or are logged into such account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly linked with your account. If you do not want the data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile, which it uses for advertising and market research purposes and/or to tailor its website to the needs of users. In particular, this analysis is carried out (even for users who are not logged in) to serve relevant advertising and in order to inform other social network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to opt out of the creation of these user profiles, but to exercise this right you must refer to YouTube.
(3) For further information regarding the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by YouTube, please see the privacy statement. Here you will also find further information about your rights and settings you can use to protect your privacy: https://policies.google.com/privacy. Google processes your personal data in locations including the USA and adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) We use Google Maps on this website. This enables us to present interactive maps directly on the website and allows you to make convenient use of the map functions.
(2) When you visit the website, Google is notified that you have accessed the relevant page on our website. The data specified in section 3 of this statement will also be sent. This happens regardless of whether or not you have a Google account or are logged into such account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly linked with your account. If you do not want the data to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile, which it uses for advertising and market research purposes and/or to tailor its website to the needs of users. In particular, this analysis is carried out (even for users who are not logged in) to serve relevant advertising and in order to inform other social network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to opt out of the creation of these user profiles, but to exercise this right you must refer to Google.
(3) For further information regarding the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by Google, please see Google’s privacy statement. Here you will also find further information about your rights in this regard and settings you can use to protect your privacy: https://policies.google.com/privacy. Google processes your personal data in locations including the USA and adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) With your consent, you can also be subscribed to our newsletter, in which we provide information about our current offers. The advertised goods and services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the “double opt-in” procedure for subscriptions to our newsletter. This means that after you sign up, we send an email to the email address provided by you asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm within 24 hours of signing up, your information will be blocked and then automatically deleted after one month. We also store the IP addresses from which you sign up and confirm, and the date of subscription and confirmation. We do this to verify your subscription and to enable us to clarify any misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only information you are required to provide in order to receive the newsletter is your email address. Other separately marked information is provided voluntarily and is used to address you personally. Once you have confirmed, we store your email address so that we can send you the newsletter. The lawful basis for this is Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
(4) You may withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You can withdraw your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by getting in touch using the contact details given in the Imprint section.
(5) Please note that we analyze your user behavior in relation to the newsletter. To permit this analysis, the emails we send contain “web beacons” or “tracking pixels”, one-pixel image files that are stored on our website. For the purposes of the analysis we link the data specified in section 3 and the web beacons with your email address and an individual ID. Links in the newsletter also contain this ID. We do not create a user profile from the information obtained in this way, and use it only to carry out statistical evaluations on the recipients of the newsletter and to tailor the newsletter to users’ interests. To do this, we record the links you click on when you read the newsletter and draw conclusions about user interests. We do not link these data with your actions on our website.
You may opt out of this tracking at any time by clicking the link contained in each email or contacting us via another channel. This information will be stored for as long as you remain subscribed to the newsletter. If you unsubscribe, we store this information anonymously and for purely statistical purposes. Tracking of this kind is also not possible if you have set your email program not to display images. In this case, the newsletter will not be displayed in full and you may not be able to make use of all its functions. If you display the images manually, your actions will be tracked as described above.
In order to use the GOM Software, you need a corresponding user license. Starting with version 2020 you have to register with us for a so-called GOM ID. We store the registration data collected in this way in our systems and make it available to the GOM partner responsible for your region for a better and faster support of your requests.
If you decide to purchase the full version or additional modules in the trial version or the GOM software via the Buy button, we ask you to provide us with additional data in order to process your order.
GOM GmbH offers you the possibility to attend online trainings and webinars via the GOM Training Center and to retrieve the learning contents of all trainings you have booked. In addition, your respective certificate will also be made available on this platform.
Furthermore, you have the possibility to book trainings via the GOM Training Center. In order to provide you with the best possible support for your requests, your data will be made available to the customer service representative of the GOM Partner Network responsible for your region. To use the GOM Training Center, you need to register for a GOM ID.
The GOM Connect platform is an information and collaboration platform for members of the GOM network and customers.
To use the GOM Connect, we ask you to register with a GOM ID.
After initial registration, each user will receive a username under which he will be displayed on the platform (display name). This display name is generated from the data first name + last name. If the name already exists, a counter (#2, #3, #4, ...) will be added to the display name. Each user gets a user profile. The data displayed there (e.g. first name, last name, email address, company, department) are by default only visible to the user himself. Furthermore, the user can choose in the settings whether his profile and its contents should be visible or not visible for other users. The default setting is not visible. The display name is always visible for other users. In addition, the user can upload an image (avatar). This is then always visible to other registered users.
GOM Connect offers different collaboration features to the users depending on their user group membership.
These collaboration features require that certain data as well as personal data of the user are also visible to other users.
In order to be able to use various GOM products and services, we ask you to register for a GOM ID at various points. For this purpose, we collect personal data from you in the following categories
The data will be used to create a corresponding account for you. We refer to this as a GOM ID. With the GOM ID you get access to different services like the GOM Training Center, the GOM Connect platform or you can use the GOM Software Center. GOM Partners can use their GOM ID to access the GOM Partner Engagement Portal. The advantage of this ID is that it gives them access to all these services and they do not have to create a separate account for each service. Depending on your concerns and the products and services you purchase from us, you can view related information, data and documents. In order to best serve you and your concerns, your data will be made available to the account manager responsible for your region.
Some of the services we offer are webinars and online events. We use services from various service providers, including:
When you register, our service provider stores your data and makes it available to us.
The data collected may be personal data of the following categories:
This data is used by us for product and company related purposes of advertising and information.
On the platform www.handsonmetrology.com we provide you with various information about our worldwide metrology network. This includes, for example, how-to videos, customer portraits, assistance and much more.
When using this website, we process personal data. You will find the details in the data protection information. The paragraphs §1-§7 apply accordingly to this platform.
The GOM Forum is a forum platform for members of the GOM network and customers.
To use the GOM Forum, we ask you to register with a GOM ID. A user profile is created, which contains the following information:
After the initial registration, each user will receive a username under which he will be displayed on the platform (display name). This display name is generated from the data first name + last name. If the name already exists, a counter (#2, #3, #4, ...) will be added to the display name. The display name is always visible for other visitors. In addition, the user can upload a photo (avatar). This photo, all interactions and postings may be shown to all visitors of the GOM Forum. Content from the GOM Forum is indexed and displayed by international search engines.
We do not use any marketing cookies on the platform, only technically necessary cookie. The following necessary cookies are used:
|ips4_IPSSessionFront||This cookie contains the ID of your current session.||Transient||Session|
Additional cookies for registered users:
|ips4_loggedIn||This cookie is set after login, it is used by caching mechanisms to identify if you are logged in.||Persistent||90 days|
|ips4_member_id||Your member ID. Used to identify if you are logged in.||Persistent||90 days|
|ips4_login_key||A unique key to authenticate your member ID cookie. This cookie is set after you log in when you tick 'Remember Me' so you can be automatically logged in again in the future.||Persistent||90 days|
|ips4_device_key||This cookie is set after you log in when you tick 'Remember Me' so you can be automatically logged in again in the future. It is also used to improve account security.||Persistent||90 days|
This notice is amended occasionally to ensure that it complies with current legal requirements and covers all of our online services.
Your legal rights to information, correction, blocking, deletion, and objection are not affected by these changes.
Last modified: October 2020