- Complete analysis
- of the initial sample including a complete surface comparison
First article inspection
Complete first article inspection for a successful series production
A part has to run through initial sampling before it can go into series production. For this purpose, the produced part is tested under production conditions to check whether it meets the defined requirements and whether it can go into series production.
The ATOS system helps with the first article inspection: It enables full-field 3D scans of the initial sample. The complete inspection can be carried out on the measuring data. This can be done based on a measurement plan, a 2D drawing, or a CAD model with PMI parameters such as Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). A significant advantage of the full-field part measurement is that no area of the part remains unchecked.
There are various options to evaluate the measuring data. The user can for example:
- Compare full-field deviations of the measured data to the CAD model
- Define inspection sections on the measuring data
- Carry out a complete conventional inspection based on a measurement plan (single points, geometries, distances, dimensions, angles)
- Perform GD&T analyses
The results of the analysis can be documented as needed. In addition, the results can be used to create comprehensive measuring and inspection reports with a complete surface comparison and pictures of deviations. It is also possible to export tables and analysis results to Q-DAS or a different program for data processing. Additionally, the measuring data can be shared in 3D using the free GOM Inspect Software.
- Comprehensive reporting
- for further suitable processing of the analyses
- Integration of measuring results
- in existing processes