Flexible and modular 3D testing solutions
To accelerate design and simulation, the automotive industry relies on optical measuring systems. The evaluation of material properties and component behavior makes it possible to analyze safety risks, part lifetimes, creep and aging processes as well as visual appearance over time and usage. Optical metrology therefore identifies bad part behavior and assists root cause analysis by detecting, for example, disturbing noises, vibrations and complex movements. Measuring results deliver specific feedback for fast design and product improvements.
Optical metrology is used to analyze the mechanical properties and behavior of all kinds of materials in various test scenarios. ARAMIS systems can be integrated into existing test environments, test benches and testing machines. The non-contact sensors measure full-field 3D strain and deformation of soft and rigid materials under mechanical or thermal load. Thus, conventional extensometers and strain gauges are replaced by GOM’s real-time 3D surface deformation analysis systems.
Knowledge of material properties is important
- In product design, for determination of wall thickness and reinforcement design
- To fulfill all requirements regarding product safety and reliability
- To provide long-term benefits by gaining expertise for future projects
- To provide essential information for calculating realistic models in simulation and virtual test programs
Applications of 3D metrology include crash and impact tests as well as climate chamber, wind tunnel and fatigue testing. Online measurements and evaluation support dynamic deformation analysis during function and safety tests of components. For this purpose, our standard and high-speed measuring systems can be easily integrated into standard test stands.
Structural testing applications
- Evaluation of torsion, bending, displacement, velocity and acceleration factors
- Crash and fatigue tests
- Tracking and positioning
- Wind tunnel, climate chamber, tire test benches
- Stiffness analysis
- Component testing and simulation validation
- Deformation measurement
FEA & Simulation Validation
GOM systems and software support the optimization and validation of simulation processes. Improvement of simulation tools and processes builds up long-term knowledge for further projects and results in faster time-to-market.
3D data for simulation validation
- Comparison of simulation with real measuring results (strain, movement, buckling, etc.)
- Determination of material properties as input for realistic simulation
- Mesh optimization for finite element analysis including CAD converter
- Numerical simulation validation