Student Assistant for X-Ray Application Development (m/f/div)
GOM Metrology, a company of the ZEISS Group, specializes in industrial 3D coordinate measuring technology, 3D computed tomography and 3D testing. GOM Metrology internationally sets standards in optical 3D metrology. The company helps customers worldwide to increase product quality, optimize processes and thus produce more efficiently. Where initially three young visionaries developed high-precision optical metrology, we now have around 600 experts working at our sites in Braunschweig and Leipheim.
What makes Carl Zeiss GOM Metrology GmbH successful is our first-class team, which we support in every respect. Our aspiration is to create working conditions that move us forward together.
What we need your support for
- Development of applications for industrial computed tomography with Python in order to expand the GOM Inspect software developed in Braunschweig.
- Evaluation of image and volume data
- Development of solutions by means of machine learning
- Design and implementation of prototypes and tests on customer data
- Collaboration in an agile team (Scrum)
- Ongoing studies in a STEM subject (Master’s degree or advanced Bachelor’s degree).
- Programming experience, preferably in Python
- Independent work style and hands-on mentality
- Solid knowledge of mathematics and algorithms
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Nice to have
- Interest in machine learning, computer graphics, computer vision, numerical mathematics
- Experience using Git/Azure DevOps, CI/CD.
- C++/CUDA skills
What we offer
- Flexible working hours in consultation with the team
- Modern working environment with a positive corporate culture
- Thorough onboarding and a structured training
- Free workout in the in-house gym and health care offers
- One of the best company restaurants in the region and free tea and coffee specialties
- Corporate benefits with attractive employee discounts
Be part of our team!
We offer you an interesting professional challenge and a pleasant working atmosphere. We consider a thorough introduction to your new job to be key to our joint success. We look forward to receiving your complete application documents combined in one single PDF file including your earliest start date.