Software Support Engineer or Technician (GOM Süd)
Software Support Engineer or Technician (GOM Süd) (m/f/div)
GOM is a leading innovator in the development of optical 3D metrology systems and measurement software, with a workforce currently numbering around 500. We set new standards in industrial metrology with our holistic solutions and are successful with them all over the globe. Our base of international customers includes companies from the automotive, aviation and aerospace industries as well as the consumer goods industry and their suppliers.
What we need your expertise for
You will not be bored. Every day we receive very different requests from our customers and partners, which need to be handled. We are not a hotline that only receives customer requests and then forwards them for processing. We are–and advertise for–highly qualified colleagues who do not hesitate to find a solution via phone, email or remote support. Usually, you will solve the problem by yourself. However, you might need help sometimes. Then, you can look into our knowledge database, which is administered by ourselves, or ask your team, the sales team or the development departments for help.
Software support at our site is divided into two fields, Digitizing and Testing
Digitizing comprises the application and software support for all our products in the field of optical 3D coordinate measuring technology. This includes manual digitization systems as well as fully automated systems.
Our Testing team helps with words and deeds with hardware- and software-related questions regarding our 3D measurement technology solutions for point-based and full-field deformation measurements of our customers and partners.
Another focus of the software support is on the training courses for our customers and partners. Apart from the day-to-day support business, this includes the co-design and implementation of training courses in theory and practice, live or on the web. This offers the opportunity to get to know the users personally and stay away from the phone.
- You like to get to the bottom of things and find proven solutions for very different tasks.
- You do not shy away from the phone when it rings, and you are good with people.
- You are skilled in handling technical equipment and software and enjoy passing on your knowledge to others.
- Technical degree (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Geodesy, Metrology), technical training or profound experience in the fields of (optical) metrology
- Analytical skills and a quick grasp
- Ability to work independently and well-structured
- Distinct customer and service orientation
- Excellent command of German and English, written as well as spoken
What we offer
- Varied tasks in a dynamic company
- Modern working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Free workout in a gym
- Attractive benefits (e.g., subsidy for childcare costs, team events)
Be part of our team!
We offer you an interesting professional challenge and a pleasant working atmosphere. We consider a thorough introduction to your new job to be key to our joint success. We look forward to receiving your complete application documents combined in one single PDF file including your earliest start date and salary expectations.