Head of IT (m/w/div)
Head of IT (m/f/div)
GOM Metrology, a company of the ZEISS Group, specializes in industrial 3D coordinate measuring technology, 3D computed tomography and 3D testing. GOM Metrology internationally sets standards in optical 3D metrology. The company helps customers worldwide to increase product quality, optimize processes and thus produce more efficiently. Where initially three young visionaries developed high-precision optical metrology, we now have around 600 experts working at our sites in Braunschweig and Leipheim.
What makes Carl Zeiss GOM Metrology GmbH successful is our first-class team, which we support in every respect. Our aspiration is to create working conditions that move us forward together.
What we need your expertise for
- As the Head of IT, you are the supervisor, mentor and technical sparring partner for approx. 15 specialists.
- You are committed to a modern IT infrastructure and see yourself and your team as a proactive, internal service provider to support the work of all employees in the best possible way.
- You abstract and assess complicated technical issues in a comprehensible language, work out the respective pros and cons, make recommendations for action and provide the stakeholders with a sound basis for objective decisions.
- You check which projects should involve external partners, obtain offers, assess them with your team and coordinate the subsequent implementation.
- You are the central contact person for issues concerning information and data security.
- In cooperation with our parent company ZEISS, you are the first point of contact and coordinate overarching IT projects and goals.
- You have pronounced analytical skills, communication skills, conflict resolution skills and a cooperative management style.
- You perceive yourself as a motivator who delegates responsibilities in order to promote and further develop the team.
- You have a university degree in (business) computer science or a comparable course of study related to computer science.
- You have several years of professional experience in a comparable position as a team leader and profound knowledge of the IT environment as well as IT and data security.
What we offer
At GOM, work-life balance is not just an empty phrase. We strongly believe that it contributes significantly to productive collaboration.
That is why we offer:
- A modern working environment with short decision-making processes and a respectful, informal culture, where you can bring in your ideas and drive them forward
- A hybrid and flexible working model: A mix of office and mobile work provides you with more flexibility
- Individual development opportunities to reach your professional goals
- Free training in the company gym, health offers and an e-bike for leasing (JobRad)
- Corporate benefits with attractive employee discounts for technology, travel, leisure and much more
Be part of our team!
We provide an ideal mix of exciting challenges and a pleasant working atmosphere. A thorough onboarding is the key element for our mutual success. We offer a modern working environment with flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes and a respectful atmosphere that allows you to develop your full potential.
Please send us your application as PDF including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our team!